August 26, 2023 Race Registration
Pre-Registration is now CLOSED.
You can register the day of the race starting at 9am. Canoe registration is $65, kayak and paddle board is $35. Registration includes t-shirts and entrance to the festival. Please use the entrance on Park St. for registration. Take note that there are a lot of afternoon launch slots available!
The entrance to the park will be Park St. near the bridge or the walking bridge off of highway 162 North. There is also parking near the walking bridge on 162. Watch for signs.
These are the only 2 entrances into the fest grounds this year.
We are cash only for registration and any beverage sales. There are 3 ATMs in town. Food trucks may accept credit cards.
See you Saturday!
Race Rules and Safety
- First aid supplies will be available at the Launch and Finish areas.
- Safety team members will be posted at checkpoints along the race route and will have safety monitoring and communication devices.
- Life jackets will be included with each provided canoe
- All participants under the age of 12 and all non-swimmers must wear a USCG-approved PFD while participating in the race.
- Race officials may require all participants to wear their life jackets if the officials determine weather conditions require it.
- All canoes must have at least one USCG-approved Wearable life jacket for each person on board.
- General rules of good sportsmanship apply during this race.
- Littering of the creek and park is illegal. Keep all trash in the canoe and dispose of it in available receptacles.
- All participants agree to appear in any event related media coverage free of charge.
- The race officially ends at 6:00 p.m. or when the last canoe has reached the finish line in Coon Valley Veterans Memorial Park.
- Failure to follow the rules will result in disqualification.
- Winners will have to pay shipping costs for mini paddle (paddle replaces a trophy) if you are not there for the awards.
Participants under the age of 12
- Participants under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All participants under the age of 12 must wear a USCG-approved PFD while participating in the race.
- All participants are required to sign a waiver of liability.
- Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian’s signature on the waiver of liability.
- No entry will be accepted without a signed waiver form.
- Waivers may be signed electronically through the online registration process
Severe Weather, Flooding, Race Cancellation, Interruption
- If severe weather is forecast during the days leading up to the race, check the website Home Page for any cancellation notice.
- If severe weather occurs while the race is underway, officials at the checkpoints will require participants to get off the creek.
- The race will be completed if it is safe and weather permits. The delay time will be used in calculations for the awards.
- If the race is cancelled, participants who pre-ordered will receive a T-shirt and a voucher for next year’s race entry fee.